Tools and Resources
Every item on this page is part of my creative toolbox. Every one of these is a product I’ve purchased or have experience with and would recommend, so I hope you find them helpful too. This page contains some affiliate links, which means if you decide to purchase some of these items, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Speaking of no extra cost to you, I’ve tried to provide links to where I actually buy these products or the lowest price I could find. If there are multiple options for buying a product then I added a green check mark (✓) for the place I use right after the link, but also included an Amazon link for covenience.
The info below is just a start – more updates coming soon!
- Nanami Seven Seas Notebooks – My favorite notebook for practicing. The Crossfield and Microdot editions have helpful marks for practicing. The Standard is filled with totally blank pages.
- Writing Mat (near the bottom of the page) – I recommend getting a writing mat to put under the page when practicing (I like the B5 Soft Clear ones)
- Strathmore Bristol Board ✓ – There are 2 versions: vellum, and smooth. I like the smooth surface when writing with Pilot Parallel pens.
- Strathmore Mixed Media Paper ✓
- Pilot Parallel Pen Assorted Ink Refill Packs – this pack includes some colors that you can’t get individually
- Golden High Flow Acrylics ✓ – I’ve, so far, found these to work with Pilot Parallel pens. I typically add a couple of drops of water to thin the ink out a little, helping with flow.