Tools and Resources
Every item on this page is a part of my creative toolbox. Every one of these is a product I’ve purchased or have experience with and would recommend, so I hope you find them helpful too. This page contains some affiliate links, which means if you decide to purchase somthing using the links below, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you (so a huge thank you if you use one of these links!).
- Nanami Seven Seas Notebooks – My favorite notebook for practicing. The Crossfield and Microdot editions have helpful marks for practicing. The Standard is filled with totally blank pages.
- Writing Mat (near the bottom of the page if you use the link) – I recommend getting a writing mat to put under the page when practicing (I like the B5 Soft Clear ones)
- Strathmore Bristol Board – There are 2 versions: vellum, and smooth. I like the smooth surface when writing with Pilot Parallel pens.
- Strathmore Mixed Media Paper
- Watercolor Paper:
- Pilot Parallel Pen Assorted Ink Refill Packs (3 Pack)– this pack includes some colors that you can’t get individually.
Individual Colors Packs:
- Ecoline Watercolor Inks – I use these to create color gradients by dipping pens filled with another color.
- Golden High Flow Acrylics (Titanium White 1 oz., 16 oz.) – One of the white inks that I’ve used in several of the Instagram videos I’ve posted. I typically add a couple of drops of water to thin the ink out a little, helping with flow.
Other Tools & Supplies
- Pigma Micron Pens – I use these frequently to draw outlies
- Copic Markers
- Sketching Grays – I really like this set and use it to create shading effects.
- Circle Ruler – This is my favorite tool for making circular calligraphy art. Unlike a compass, you can draw circles without putting a hole in the page you’re working on.
- Prismacolor Artgum Eraser