Circles on Steroids Supplies
Every item on this page is a part of my creative toolbox. Nearly every one of these is a product I’ve purchased or have experience with and would recommend, so I hope you find them helpful too. This page contains some affiliate links, which means if you decide to purchase somthing using the links below, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you (so a huge thank you if you use one of these links!).
Other Writing Tools
- Pigma Micron Pens – I use these frequently to draw outlies
- Rotring Isograph Technical Drawing Pen – For highly detailed designs, these write incredibly fine lines.
- Uni Posca Paint Pens – I use these quite often to add outlines and other effects (especially on black paper).
- Fons & Porter White Mechanical Pencil – great for drawing guidelines on black paper
- Molotow Liquid Chrome Pen (Set) – these create the most amazing chrome effects! I usually use the 1mm size.
- Copic Sketch Markers
- Prismacolor Artgum Eraser
- Pentel Click Eraser
- Pilot Parallel Pen Assorted Ink Refill Packs (3 Pack)– this pack includes some colors that you can’t get individually.
Individual Colors Packs:
- Ecoline Watercolor Inks – I use these to create color gradients by dipping pens filled with another color.
- Liquitex Acrylic Inks – not compatible with parallel pens, but great for dipping to create beautiful color gradients.
White / Colored Paper
- Strathmore Bristol Board – There are 2 versions: vellum, and smooth. I like the smooth surface when writing with Pilot Parallel pens.
- Strathmore Mixed Media Paper
- Watercolor Paper:
- Nanami Seven Seas Notebooks – A favorite notebook for practicing. The Crossfield and Microdot editions have helpful marks for practicing. The Standard is filled with totally blank pages.
- Writing Mat (near the bottom of the page if you use the link) – I recommend getting a writing mat to put under the page when practicing (I like the B5 Soft Clear ones)