Circles on Steroids Supplies
Every item on this page is a part of my creative toolbox. Nearly every one of these is a product I’ve purchased or have experience with and would recommend, so I hope you find them helpful too. This page contains some affiliate links, which means if you decide to purchase somthing using the links below, I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you (so a huge thank you if you use one of these links!).
Minimum Recommended Supplies
Each Pilot Parallel pen comes with two ink cartridges, one black and one red, therefore you will not need any additional ink
The papers mentioned below are only a recommendation. You can, of course, use any paper that you prefer. Using a higher quality paper than standard printer paper is preferable because it will minimize or prevent ink bleed, making your work look better and your practice sessions more enjoyable.
Other Writing Tools
Other Writing Tools
I’ve provided a free circular calligraphy template from my Circles on Steroids Instructional toolkit below.
Get additional versions of this template (in addition to a lot more awesome stuff!) by signing up for my community newsletter. You can learn more here or click the button and sign up at the bottom of this page.
Suggested Tools for Further Study/Projects
White / Colored Paper
- Pilot Parallel Pen Assorted Ink Refill Packs (3 Pack)– this pack includes some colors that you can’t get individually.
Individual Colors Packs:
- Ecoline Watercolor Inks – Great for creating color gradients by dipping pens filled with another color.
- Liquitex Acrylic Inks – Also great for dipping to create beautiful color gradients.
Other Helpful Tools & Supplies
- Small Jars with Screw-On Top
- Dusting Brush – wipe away eraser dust (a lot easier than blowing or wiping with your hand!)
- Rotring Isograph Technical Drawing Pen – For highly detailed designs, these write incredibly fine lines.
- Uni Posca Paint Pens – I use these quite often to add outlines and other effects (especially on black paper).
- Fons & Porter White Mechanical Pencil – great for drawing guidelines on black paper
- Molotow Liquid Chrome Pen (Set) – these create the most amazing chrome effects! I usually use the 1mm size.
- Copic Sketch Markers